St. Bridget parish was established in 1869 when Father James Campbell became the town’s first resident Catholic pastor. By the turn of the century, a much larger church was needed, and Bishop Michael A. Tierney blessed the new St. Bridget Church on November 26, 1903.
On December 8, 1964, ground was broken for a parish school. On December 15, 1965, Archbishop O'Brien blessed the cornerstone. The Sisters of Mercy, who staffed the school, departed in 1974 and were succeeded by lay staff.
The territory of St. Bartholomew was carved from St. Bridget and St. James parishes in 1958 and Father Philip Hussey was appointed founding pastor by Archbishop O'Brien. On June 12, 1961, construction of St. Bartholomew church, school, and convent began. Archbishop O'Brien dedicated all three on May 12, 1962. Staffed by Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame, the parish school opened on September 4. By 1970 the school was closed, with the former school wing converted to offices, meeting rooms and religious education classrooms.
The two parishes were linked in 2009 with Father Stephen Sledesky serving as pastor of both parishes.
In 2017 the Parish of Saint Bridget and the Parish of Saint Bartholomew were merged to form the new "Parish of Saint Teresa of Calcutta."